now tweeting

 

Sunday 13 December 2015

Faces on Oriental Buildings

#flora fountain #mumbai #gothic architecture "fort

I was taking a wander around the Fort area of Mumbai, one of my favourite spots for Gothic architecture.  I stopped off to say "hello" to the Flora Fountain.

Oriental Buildings, MG Road, Fort, Mumbai, Bombay, India

Nearby, sits the impressive Oriental Buildings, originally a school and fully armed with spires, intricate carved borders and arched windows,

It has three carvings of Dead White Men which I zoomed in on to get a closer look.

three carved portraits, Oriental Buildings, Mumbai

The centre one looks Shakespearean but I have no idea, and can't find out, who the other two are.  Any ideas out there?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

nice captures...
cheers, Archana - www.drishti.co

Hema said...

I'm going to go with Socrates and Plato. Shakespeare looks pretty surprised at something!

amasc aka Anne said...

Yes! Like someone has pinched his bottom and he rather enjoyed it.

Kishor Kumar said...

Nice pictures!

Chuzai Living said...

I love Fort area, too! I have no idea about the faces. The middle one does look like Shakespear. :)