now tweeting

 

Saturday 28 July 2012

Desperation Juice

Now if I opened a booze shop I'd probably call it City's Liquors, or Good Libations or Hit and Rum or any terrible punning name I could come up with. However I would not call it St. Jude. Especially if I lived in Goa where a large portion of the population being Christian would get the reference.

St Jude Booze Shop

St Jude is the patron saint of desperate cases and lost causes. Mind you, I'm not adverse to a drop of the desperation juice myself and they did have a good selection.


7 comments:

magiceye said...

Lovely neat capture!

Cheers!! :)

umashankar said...

That is outrageous, even if ironical!

Nona said...

he he. Have you seen the names of the wine shops in Tamil Nadu. It always has a god's name in it. ;)

amasc said...

Nona, not yet but Tamil Nadu will now definitely have to be added to my list of places I must visit!

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

haha.. this is hilarious. Goans definitely would have got the joke... wont stop them from buying from there though :)

amasc said...

As a recovering Catholic it didn't stop me either

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - hit and rum, that would be wonderful. Can't stop laughing as yet :)